Darioush was founded with the mission of graciously sharing uncommon perspectives of the world in an extraordinary way. Our purpose is two-fold: to produce world-class, distinctive wines from our southern Napa Valley vineyards and craft engaging hospitality experiences that redefine modern luxury.
The Darioush experience is rooted in a strong culture of people. Human relationships are the foundation of the winery and are at the heart of all we do and believe. Proprietor Darioush and Shahpar Khaledi’s philosophy is the simple truth that every member of the winery is a part of the family, and each guest or partner is no more important than the next. Though simple on the surface, this belief has deep implications for the experience of Darioush, and in many ways is the most important and brand defining.
Darioush and Shahpar’s heritage is infused throughout the entire experience, creating an environment of intense warmth. We believe that true luxury is about enjoying uncommon experiences that are both spiritual and material. We take pride in introducing guests to history, culture, tastes, and flavors that they may have never encountered before. This dedication to higher standards which are at once grand in scale and also grounded and genuine fosters an atmosphere that turns guests into loyalists.
At Darioush we believe that Hospitality is an honorable profession. Our Guest Services team is comprised entirely of Wine Hospitality Professionals. We take pride and enjoyment in hosting winery guests at the highest levels of service delivery with genuine warmth and polish. Our teamwork-oriented environment is focused on hospitality, not sales. Working have a passion for wine and hospitality and enjoy working with like-minded professionals, we welcome the opportunity to meet you.
Retail + Purchasing Manager
The Retail + Purchasing Manager is responsible for complete inventory management for a 5,000 square foot boutique and all retail winery supplies. This is a selling manager position, which encompasses customer service, purchasing, receiving, stocking, team education, sales reporting, visual merchandising, fulfillment and inventory.
Purchasing & Inventory
- Source unique and intriguing new products to best represent Darioush.
- Develop a quarterly merchandise buying plan by category and ensure appropriate stock levels through timely and efficient reorders.
- Manage purchases and receivables via order processing standards outlined separately. Requires generation and management of purchase orders + invoices.
- Maintain appropriate inventories of all necessary supplies through consistent and accurate inventory and documentation.
- Streamline supply purchasing to be more controlled and transparent.
- Oversee stockroom organization and cleanliness standards.
- Lead monthly merchandise physical inventory, weekly supply inventory and maintain accurate reporting for accounting and management.
- Aid culinary and hospitality teams with sourcing and purchasing necessary supplies and décor.
- Create thoughtful displays to elevate the aesthetic and guest experience.
- Develop sales aids - shelf talkers, collateral.
- Restock daily, with weekly dusting and finessing of visual displays.
- Collaborate with floral + holiday installs to best represent the brand and proprietors.
Sales & Customer Service
- Main contact for on-floor merchandise sales and staff education in the Visitor Center. This requires a deep understanding of the brands, artists, and products on display, with developed selling points on each.
- Act as Liaison or Personal Shopper for visiting guests, field phone calls and email messages regarding merchandise questions, shipments, and special orders.
- Assist DTC team in creating and fulfilling holiday + corporate gift packs.
Fulfillment & Receiving
- Work with Warehouse Lead to manage shipments of merchandise for accuracy, with safe and stylized packaging. Include personalized elements that share our brand ideals.
- Oversee inventory management procedures for outgoing orders and incoming shipments.
- Ensure the best possible services + rates for in-house fulfillment vendors, FedEx, UPS, etc.
- Maintain inventory of shipping supplies.
Darioush.com & Art + Object
- Analyze sales performance of A+O items online vs. in store. Evaluate product categories and item selections to be featured on Darioush.com’s Art + Object boutique. Refresh categories and offerings on a seasonal basis, evaluate top performers, propose shop evolution.
- Create greater cohesion between the physical boutique and online presence – ultimately offering a more seamless shop experience.
- Sales cultivation: develop prospects/buyers and assemble targeted emails to introduce new/seasonal features in the virtual and physical shops to cultivate sales and foster a deeper connection to buyers.
QUALIFICATIONS & POSITION DETAILS
- The Retail + Purchasing Manager will thrive in a collaborative and dynamic working environment, while being able to self-manage goals, tasks, and priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication are ideal to ensure efficient and service forward exchanges with teammates, vendors, guests, and proprietors.
- As a trusted purchasing agent, the Retail + Purchasing Manager will be included in and asked to lead sourcing on various hospitality and culinary supplies and décor.
- The Retail + Purchasing Manager will have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college, three years of retail sales experience and at least one year of experience in a luxury retail environment.
- At least two years of experience with MS Office Suite, proficiency with Excel and POS systems.
- Aptitude for problem solving and creating orderly systems.
- This position requires weekends and some holidays.
- This position requires the ability to lift and carry 40lbs, regularly climb and descend stairs, and regular squatting and kneeling.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: $28.00 - $32.00 per hour.
Direct Sales & Marketing Coordinator
The Darioush Direct Sales & Marketing Coordinator supports the Direct-to-Consumer sales and marketing team through detailed organization of projects, timelines, priorities and sales initiatives. This role focuses on optimizing digital and traditional communication channels, maintaining cohesive online and in-store offerings, and enhancing the overall client, guest, and club member experience through various consumer touchpoints.
- Maintain updated wine and product offerings, information, events, and seasonal touts on winery website and active social media platforms.
- Support marketing team initiatives and timelines in accordance content strategy and plan—including assistance with email blasts/announcements, call campaigns, data analysis, targeted client list segmentation, etc.
- Create digital and print collateral to support various marketing, sales, and hospitality initiatives, according to brand standards.
- Assist with social media content prep and community management – a team initiative to grow follower base and drive engagement of prospective guests and clients. Measure KPI’s and report analytics.
- Support vendor/supplier communications— initiate project bids, coordinate timelines, deliverables, payment, etc. (includes photography, design, print, packaging).
- Contribute to major auction lot donation development, partner communications, and logistics with various philanthropic organizations supported by the winery and founders.
- Maintain database of press and media results, including submissions of wine for critics/media outlets at the request of managers/PR team. Organize and send regular summary reports to management.
- Material archives: maintain clean archival system of digital and print press and marketing materials, record monthly inventory of branded packaging and collateral, alert managers of reorder needs, procure bids and facilitate purchasing and follow through.
- Special projects support (ex. photo shoot prep, consolidation of props, communications, and in-shoot assistance).
DTC SALES & SERVICES :
- Support seasonal peaks: wine club membership release periods, holiday campaigns, etc. with inbound/outbound phone and email support.
- Programmed client outreach surrounding wine release offerings, administrative membership account updates, revenue capture on missed shipments, data cleansing, etc.
- Prep collateral for shipment enclosures, administrate small inventory movements occasionally.
- Maintain inventory and re-order needs for regular office supplies.
- Reception desk duties: greet visitors, assist with regular inter-office mail exchange, package deliveries, office communications, and maintain shared workspaces.
QUALIFICATIONS & POSITION DETAILS
The ideal candidate will know and be practiced in the culture of top-flight customer service. Minimum 2 years’ experience in the wine or hospitality industry is essential, and experience in office administration highly valued. Candidate must be reliable, with a strong work ethic, exceptional written and verbal skills, and be comfortable representing a luxury brand and speaking with clients and guests. Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized, focused and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Advanced computer skills are a must, industry-specific systems a perk. Must be a consummate team player, and a motivated, self-starter.
This is a full-time (hourly), benefitted position reporting to Darioush's office located in the Napa Valley Commons. Regular hours are Monday through Friday, with occasional evenings, holidays and weekends.
Compensation: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour.
Guest Services Host
Provide the Darioush Experience to every guest.
- Build Darioush loyalty by championing a high service standard, deliver beyond client expectations with inspirational salesmanship encouraging return visitation.
- Engage guests with personable service by utilizing software tools to custom prepare, connect and follow up following their visit
- Prioritize teamwork in daily operations.
- Improve client loyalty through inspiring return visitation, growing First Offering membership.
- Increase awareness of Signature Cabernet Sauvignon utilizing inspirational salesmanship.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute the Darioush Experience for each guest.
- Provide focused and personable presentations of Darioush’s wines, vineyards, and wine growing philosophies.
- Entertain scheduled Consumer, Trade, 'First Offering' and VIP guests through memorable tableside and bar tasting experiences.
- Recognize and react to impromptu visits from First Offering members and other VIP guests
- Adjust service based on social cues on guests enjoyment of wines and make further recommendations to supervisors
- Provide timely follow up on guest experiences through hand written letters, emails and phone calls to solidify relationship for future visits and referrals
- Provide seamless fulfillment options for guests to regularly enjoy Darioush wines
- Present Darioush 'First Offering' to guests as an avenue to secure future vintages of each varietal
- Reference data sources prior to visit to personalize the experience
- Record guest sales and experience information for accurate reporting by week, month & year
- Communicate to team and managers regarding trends and habits of guests
- Network and refer guests to referral partners based on individual guest preferences
- Manage special projects for Visitor Center and other departments including, but not limited to customer service calls, update materials using Microsoft Office programs, special deliveries, data entry, filing, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & POSITION DETAILS
- The ideal candidate will know and be practiced in the culture of top-flight customer service.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in wine hospitality or hotel/restaurant service industry is essential.
- WSET II or comparable wine certification is a plus.
- Candidate must be reliable, with a strong work ethic, comfortable representing a luxury brand and speaking eloquently with clients and members.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized, focused and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Required to work weekends and most holidays.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40lbs.
- Must be a consummate team player, and truly take pride and enjoyment in delivering world class customer service.
This is a full-time (hourly), benefited position. Regular hours are 9:30-6:00. Weekends and most holidays are required.
Compensation: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
Serve as the liaison between our culinary team and our guests by delivering food for all experiences to our seated guests. Our Service Assistant will be in constant clear communication with our culinary and hospitality teams ensuring the best hospitality for our guests.
- Build Darioush loyalty by championing a high service standard, deliver beyond client expectations with inspirational service encouraging return visitation.
- Support all areas of the winery as requested, such as our facility steward team and guest services.
- Maintain a flexible schedule to be present at different areas of operation based on business needs.
- Maintain knowledge of how each dish is prepared, flavor profiles, and food quality points.
- Understand and stay current with all Darioush wines and hospitality experiences.
- Possess a high degree of organizational skills to locate guests and potential allergies in different locations simultaneously.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and execute your part in the Darioush experience by presenting meals or courses from our in-house Culinary team to our guests.
- Responsible for final approval of all dishes and allergens prior to presenting to each guest.
- Work fluidly with all teams utilizing excellent listening and verbal communication skills.
- Multi-task between experiences and service styles to prepare for next rounds of service.
- Adjust service based on social cues on guests’ enjoyment of wines and make further recommendations to supervisors.
- Work proficiently alone and in team settings for program delivery opportunities.
- Assist in event set-up, execution, and break-down when necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS & POSITION DETAILS
- The ideal Service Assistant will be practiced in the culture of top-flight customer service with comfort in representing a luxury brand and speaking eloquently with clients and members.
- Experience in hospitality with wine and food service is essential.
- All Darioush team members take pride in a polished and professional appearance with a friendly and service focused demeanor.
- Candidate must be reliable with a strong work ethic.
- This role requires the ability to remain calm and solution oriented in stressful situations.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Schedule will include weekends and most holidays.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40lbs, regularly climb and descend stairs, and stand on your feet for at least 8 hours.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: $18.00 - $24.00 per hour