Darioush was founded with the mission of graciously sharing uncommon perspectives of the world in an extraordinary way. Our purpose is two-fold: to produce world-class, distinctive wines from our southern Napa Valley vineyards and craft engaging hospitality experiences that redefine modern luxury.
The Darioush experience is rooted in a strong culture of people. Human relationships are the foundation of the winery and are at the heart of all we do and believe. Proprietor Darioush and Shahpar Khaledi’s philosophy is the simple truth that every member of the winery is a part of the family, and each guest or partner is no more important than the next. Though simple on the surface, this belief has deep implications for the experience of Darioush, and in many ways is the most important and brand defining.
Darioush and Shahpar’s heritage is infused throughout the entire experience, creating an environment of intense warmth. We believe that true luxury is about enjoying uncommon experiences that are both spiritual and material. We take pride in introducing guests to history, culture, tastes, and flavors that they may have never encountered before. This dedication to higher standards which are at once grand in scale and also grounded and genuine fosters an atmosphere that turns guests into loyalists.
At Darioush we believe that Hospitality is an honorable profession. Our Guest Services team is comprised entirely of Wine Hospitality Professionals. We take pride and enjoyment in hosting winery guests at the highest levels of service delivery with genuine warmth and polish. Our teamwork-oriented environment is focused on hospitality, not sales. Working have a passion for wine and hospitality and enjoy working with like-minded professionals, we welcome the opportunity to meet you.
Direct Sales & Marketing Coordinator
The Darioush Direct Sales & Marketing Coordinator supports the Direct-to-Consumer sales and marketing team through detailed organization of projects, timelines, priorities and sales initiatives. This role focuses on optimizing digital and traditional communication channels, maintaining cohesive online and in-store offerings, and enhancing the overall client, guest, and club member experience through various consumer touchpoints.
- Maintain updated wine and product offerings, information, events, and seasonal touts on winery website and active social media platforms.
- Support marketing team initiatives and timelines in accordance content strategy and plan—including assistance with email blasts/announcements, call campaigns, data analysis, targeted client list segmentation, etc.
- Create digital and print collateral to support various marketing, sales, and hospitality initiatives, according to brand standards.
- Assist with social media content prep and community management – a team initiative to grow follower base and drive engagement of prospective guests and clients. Measure KPI’s and report analytics.
- Support vendor/supplier communications— initiate project bids, coordinate timelines, deliverables, payment, etc. (includes photography, design, print, packaging).
- Contribute to major auction lot donation development, partner communications, and logistics with various philanthropic organizations supported by the winery and founders.
- Maintain database of press and media results, including submissions of wine for critics/media outlets at the request of managers/PR team. Organize and send regular summary reports to management.
- Material archives: maintain clean archival system of digital and print press and marketing materials, record monthly inventory of branded packaging and collateral, alert managers of reorder needs, procure bids and facilitate purchasing and follow through.
- Special projects support (ex. photo shoot prep, consolidation of props, communications, and in-shoot assistance).
DTC SALES & SERVICES :
- Support seasonal peaks: wine club membership release periods, holiday campaigns, etc. with inbound/outbound phone and email support.
- Programmed client outreach surrounding wine release offerings, administrative membership account updates, revenue capture on missed shipments, data cleansing, etc.
- Prep collateral for shipment enclosures, administrate small inventory movements occasionally.
- Maintain inventory and re-order needs for regular office supplies.
- Reception desk duties: greet visitors, assist with regular inter-office mail exchange, package deliveries, office communications, and maintain shared workspaces.
QUALIFICATIONS & POSITION DETAILS
The ideal candidate will know and be practiced in the culture of top-flight customer service. Minimum 2 years’ experience in the wine or hospitality industry is essential, and experience in office administration highly valued. Candidate must be reliable, with a strong work ethic, exceptional written and verbal skills, and be comfortable representing a luxury brand and speaking with clients and guests. Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized, focused and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Advanced computer skills are a must, industry-specific systems a perk. Must be a consummate team player, and a motivated, self-starter.
This is a full-time (hourly), benefitted position reporting to Darioush's office located in the Napa Valley Commons. Regular hours are Monday through Friday, with occasional evenings, holidays and weekends.
Compensation: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour.
Guest Services Host
Provide the Darioush Experience to every guest.
- Build Darioush loyalty by championing a high service standard, deliver beyond client expectations with inspirational salesmanship encouraging return visitation.
- Engage guests with personable service by utilizing software tools to custom prepare, connect and follow up following their visit
- Prioritize teamwork in daily operations.
- Improve client loyalty through inspiring return visitation, growing First Offering membership.
- Increase awareness of Signature Cabernet Sauvignon utilizing inspirational salesmanship.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute the Darioush Experience for each guest.
- Provide focused and personable presentations of Darioush’s wines, vineyards, and wine growing philosophies.
- Entertain scheduled Consumer, Trade, 'First Offering' and VIP guests through memorable tableside and bar tasting experiences.
- Recognize and react to impromptu visits from First Offering members and other VIP guests
- Adjust service based on social cues on guests enjoyment of wines and make further recommendations to supervisors
- Provide timely follow up on guest experiences through hand written letters, emails and phone calls to solidify relationship for future visits and referrals
- Provide seamless fulfillment options for guests to regularly enjoy Darioush wines
- Present Darioush 'First Offering' to guests as an avenue to secure future vintages of each varietal
- Reference data sources prior to visit to personalize the experience
- Record guest sales and experience information for accurate reporting by week, month & year
- Communicate to team and managers regarding trends and habits of guests
- Network and refer guests to referral partners based on individual guest preferences
- Manage special projects for Visitor Center and other departments including, but not limited to customer service calls, update materials using Microsoft Office programs, special deliveries, data entry, filing, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & POSITION DETAILS
- The ideal candidate will know and be practiced in the culture of top-flight customer service.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in wine hospitality or hotel/restaurant service industry is essential.
- WSET II or comparable wine certification is a plus.
- Candidate must be reliable, with a strong work ethic, comfortable representing a luxury brand and speaking eloquently with clients and members.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized, focused and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Required to work weekends and most holidays.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40lbs.
- Must be a consummate team player, and truly take pride and enjoyment in delivering world class customer service.
This is a full-time (hourly), benefited position. Regular hours are 9:30-6:00. Weekends and most holidays are required.
Compensation: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour